Since 1999 DJ-Chicago has been providing newlyweds with the highest level of professional
wedding entertainment in the Chicagoland area. Our standards of professionalism
and personal attention are unmatched in the industry and are reflected in the very
positive feedback our customers consistently provide. In fact, over the last
years, every couple that has booked DJ-Chicago for their wedding reception has said
they would hire us again if they were given the option. To read what past customers
have said about our performances at their event, please view our Client Testimonials page.
The reason we have been so successful in satisfying our customers is that we take
the time to understand their personal tastes and musical preferences. Couples that
hire DJ-Chicago for their wedding reception meet with their DJ several weeks prior
to their wedding day so they can be confident that their DJ understands their expectations
for the night, from the opening introductions to the last song of the evening.
In addition to our personal attention and professionalism, another way that we differentiate
ourselves from many other DJ companies is that we believe the focus of a wedding
reception should be the couple,
not the DJ. In fact, we feel that the only place for “cheese” at a wedding reception
is on the appetizer tray and definitely not at the DJ table. Because of this our
- Sing, shout, or make unnecessary remarks over the microphone
- Lead group dances or conga lines
- Wear any type costume or ask you or your guests to wear one
- Play any type of game that would only be appropriate at a grade school dance
Instead of gimmicks such as these, we use a couple’s song selections and our ability
to read the crowd to play the right songs at the right time to create party atmosphere
that will be enjoyed both the couple and their guests.
Beyond providing the musical entertainment at receptions, DJ-Chicago DJs also help
coordinate the evenings activities with all those involved (i.e. the catering manager,
photographer, videographer) so the wedding proceeds smoothly and the couple can
enjoy their special day without worries.
At DJ-Chicago we recognize that your wedding reception will be the most important party you
and your fiancé will ever throw. It should be an event that reflects your personalities
and is enjoyed by all of your guests. Clearly the DJ you choose will play a key
role in this. Because of this, we recommend that you contact other DJ companies
and compare them to DJ-Chicago. Below we have compiled a list of questions that
we feel every couple should ask before booking a DJ for their wedding reception.
We are confident that after comparing our responses with those of other companies
you will see why DJ-Chicago is the Source for Professional DJ Entertainment in Chicago.
To check our availability and to discuss your wedding entertainment please contact DJ-Chicago,
or call us at 866-DJ-CHICAGO (773-472-5100).
Thank you for considering DJ-Chicago for your wedding entertainment!
Questions To Ask A Wedding DJ
- Will I know my DJ?
- With DJ-Chicago, definitely yes! We recommend that you meet or conduct a phone interview
with your DJ when booking with us to make sure that he is the right fit. If you
decide to hire DJ-Chicago, you will meet with your DJ again, in person, about 2-3
weeks prior to your wedding date to discuss the agenda for the evening, introductions
and announcements to be made, and your musical preferences and song selections.
After meeting with your DJ you can be confident that they understand your expectations
for your special night. With many DJ companies you may not meet or speak to your
DJ until your wedding date or, at best, a couple days prior. Unfortunately, at this
point there is little that you can do if you do not feel they are the right DJ personality
- How large is your music library and what songs do you play?
- The DJ-Chicago music library contains over 8000 songs from the 1920's to what's
currently hot on the charts. You may review our Online Music Database or download
our current song list in an Excel format. When it comes down
to it though, it’s not the number of songs in our library that matters most. Rather,
it’s the 100 or so songs that are played on the night of your wedding that will
make it a great party…or not. Because it is
your wedding, you may have as much input into the song selections as
you would like. In addition to providing Must Play and Play If Possible song lists,
we recommend that you compile a Do Not Play song list as well. Also, when building
your play list, should you not be able to find certain songs in our database, just
can let us know and we will be sure to get them by your wedding day.
- What type of audio equipment do you use?
- At DJ-Chicago we only use high-quality professional DJ equipment by well-known manufacturers
such as Pioneer, QSC, Denon, Numark, JBL, and Mackie. We have sound systems that
are suitable for virtually all size audiences. Additionally, in the unlikely case
of an equipment failure, we always have back-up equipment, on-site, at every event.
To see photos of our set-ups, you may view our Photo Gallery.
- Do you provide a lighting set-up?
- We have several lighting options ranging from simple color-changing par cans to special
effect lighting to monogram lighting. When we meet with you prior to your wedding
day we will discuss with which one, if any, would be most appropriate for your reception.
There is no additional cost for any of our lighting packages.
- What will my DJ wear?
- Our DJs typically wear a dark colored suit for wedding receptions, unless other
attire is more appropriate.
- What time will my DJ arrive to set up at the reception hall?
- Our DJs generally arrive 90 minutes prior to the start time, to ensure set-up is
complete, all storage crates are hidden, all wires taped to the floor, and sound
checks are completed so the DJ area will look as presentable as the rest of the
room when your first guest arrives.
- What if my DJ is sick on the date of my reception?
- In the
years we have been in business, we have never missed an event. If, due to an emergency
situation such as illness, your DJ is unable to perform on the date of your wedding,
we will provide a replacement DJ of similar experience and style. The replacement
DJ would be prepared with all of the reception information from our planning meeting
several weeks prior (i.e. timeline, song lists, etc.).
- Do you have insurance?
- Yes, we carry a policy that provides $2,000,000 of general liability insurance.
- What do you charge?
- At DJ-Chicago our pricing is simple and reasonable, with no hidden costs. We only
charge for our performance hours, not travel time, set-up/take-down time, customer
meetings, dance lights, wireless microphone, etc. These are our current rates for
- Saturday Weddings: $995 for first 4 hours, $145 per additional hour
- Sunday - Friday Events: $895 for first 4 hours, $145 per additional hour
- Can you provide the music, sound system, and microphone for our ceremony?
- We can definitely provide the music and necessary audio equipment for your wedding
ceremony if it is being held at the same venue as the reception. The additional
charge for ceremonies is $145. Also, if the ceremony takes place at a different
area of the venue as the reception (i.e. an outside area), we can provide a second
sound system at no extra charge.
- Can you provide the equipment for a video slide show?
- We do offer video equipment for presenting video montages. The set-up includes
a projector, screen, and DVD player and the rental fee is $175 .
- Can I speak to references?
- We encourage you to speak to our references. Upon request we will provide you with
the contact information for several couples who can provide feedback on the quality
of our performances at their weddings.